Having an online store in place can be a significant boost to one’s business. Nearly 87% of all retail purchases across the UK are made online.
Businesses that offer top-class offerings and convenience through their online stores gain a competitive edge. This not just helps get more sales but induces customer loyalty as well. Some other important parameters for deciding upon an eCommerce platform are an uncomplicated process for setup and store management.
Here are the top 5 platforms for creating an eCommerce website:
Shopify may rightly be called the most comprehensive eCommerce platform among the lot. It brings ease to the process of starting and managing an eCommerce platform.
Shopify is characterized by its sophistication. It brings in the finances in segregated ways, pop-up shops, social media, brick-and-mortar stores, web, and mobile. It’s a powerful solution and over 600,000 online stores run on Shopify.
- Online stores powered by Shopify are aesthetic. They got an entire range of nice storefront themes.
- There is an entire selection of apps that meet an array of purposes.
- Marketing features are powerful
- The reports are intuitive
- The stores are highly secure and are PCI DSS compliant
- Loading speeds are high
- Work across screen sizes and devices
BigCommerce is an eCommerce builder that is paid for and hosted. The overall shopping experience is easy for the end-user. The dashboard is clean. Similarly, the entire process of setting up an online store does not take more than a few minutes.
BigCommerce is characteristically a Software-as-a-Service product that operates over monthly fees. The average growth that it offers for the clients is in the line of 30% per annum.
- A large number of built-in features
- Integration with eCommerce platforms like eBay and Amazon drives more traffic
- Best in the class visual design tools
- Checkout over a single page
- Finest marketing and SEO tools
- It allows users to sell over Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Do you require a platform that has a simplified usage and is structured and fast to let you find high sales and business expansion over time? Volusion comes by as the most desirable choice.
Volusion is cloud-based and comes by as an end-to-end toolkit. Over 18K companies have used Volusion, including Slipwraps, Intel and 3M.
- A user-friendly interface
- Efficient store management
- Storefront design is customizable
- A number of free, prime quality themes.
- SmartMatch technology gives unlimited product options. Volusion is the best choice for merchandising.
- PCI/CISP certification
- Advanced marketing tools for affiliate management, email marketing, and coupons
- Payment processing is convenient
- No transaction fees
WooCommerce is a powerful eCommerce platform that is free and fully customizable. It is a WordPress plugin trusted by a number of vendors.
WooCommerce simplifies the processes for finding secure payments, managing the inventory and managing the taxes well. Another advantage of WooCoommerce is that it can handle an unlimited number of users or orders. This is a simplified way to attract more customers and grow the business.
- Simplified installation
- A robust architecture that is simple
- A number of ready-to-use extensions and plugins
- Secure shopping cart and payment gateway
- Best in the class Analytics
- Integrating shipping is simplified
- Versatile and dynamic
- A large number of users
Magento was launched in 2008. It is among the best and most popular eCommerce website development platforms. Controlling the functionality, look and feel of eCommerce platforms is simplified with Magento.
Two versions of Magento are available. The community version, Magento community is free for all while Magento Express is a premium, paid version.
- Robustness is beyond the ordinary
- Features for site management are good
- End to end scalability
- A number of tools for conversion and marketing
- Gives product alerts
- Simplified shipping, payment, and checkout
- An active community of developers
- A number of pricing options for business owners
Choosing the right eCommerce platform defines the presentation and future of your online business.